This recipe was originally created for my Summer Gathering event. I hosted an outdoor party complete with an assortment of appetizers, margarita bar and a build your own s’more bar.
Food has always been a significant part of my life for many reasons. It is something that inspires and fuels my creativity. One of the aspects of food I have always loved the most is the ability for it to bring people together. To gather around one place and spend time together eating, drinking, conversing and laughing.
I believe that creating food for people can truly be a way of showing that someone is heard and seen. Food really can allow you to communicate with people that no matter where they are in life that you notice them. They are seen, heard and loved. I always strive for people to leave my house not only full of food but also feeling like someone took the time to say that they matter. Often times I don’t think we realize the power that food and gathering can really have on others. It is a powerful tool to truly create a powerful community.
Everything is designed for you to make it ahead of time so the host can truly be a part of the party instead of cooking in the kitchen. So even if you don’t make these recipes I encourage you to take some time this summer to invite your friends over. Eat, drink and spend some time gathering together with old and new friends.
“This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive. – Alice Waters”
Click the box below to see the full post
These cookies can be eaten as is or used to create a Build your Own S’more Station.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup palm shortening
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag marshmallows (I prefer the Vegan ones from Dandies)
- 2-3 bars dark or milk chocolate
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Date Lady Fudge
- Combine the flax seeds and water and place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the palm shortening, coconut sugar and maple to a large bowl and beat the mixture with a hand or stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, almond butter and flax egg and mix until combined.
- Add the almond flour, buckwheat, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of batter and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. One large pan should hold about six cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and then place on a cooling rack.
- Make Ahead: Cookies can be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator
All images by Redeeming Love Photography
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon