Day 9 of my “Ten Days of Thanksgiving” is a Vegan Pomegranate and Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream. I realize that ice cream in not necessarily a traditional Thanksgiving dessert but I really wanted to do something a little different. I am a HUGE ice cream fan so it only seemed right to include an ice cream recipe with my Thanksgiving menu. It also goes great with the recipe I am posting tomorrow. I am ended this little series with TWO desserts.
This ice cream is actually very simple to make and doesn’t even require a lot of ingredients! A few notes about this recipe. Do not forget to strain the batter before churning it. I accidentally didn’t do that one time and the pomegranate seeds gave it quite a crunch..hah!
I also prefer to use Date Lady dates for my ice cream. They are a serious game changer in taste and texture. You definitely don’t have to use them but I definitely prefer them to any other kind.
You can even make this pomegranate and chocolate ganache ice cream a few days ahead of time and save a lot of time Thanksgiving Day.
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 3.5 ounces dates, pitted (I recommend Date Lady)
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup maple
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Add all of the pomegranate ice cream ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the pomegranate seeds.
- Pour in to your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the ice cream is churning fill a small saucepan with water and place on the stove.
- Heat to medium-high heat and place a glass bowl on the saucepan. Add the coconut milk and chocolate and heat until mixture is combined. Remove from the stove.
- Grab a large container and pour some of the finished ice cream and then drizzle some of the ganache.
- Do this in layers until all the ice cream is in there and you have reached the desired amount of chocolate.
- Freeze for 8-10 hours and then serve with pomegranate seeds.