Sometimes I plan out recipes ahead of time and sometimes they come from random inspiration. This one was from walking past a beautiful grapefruit at Whole Foods and then thinking about it being in season and that it is winter and then… oh, I need to make a winter salad.
This is a very unique twist on a winter salad but I absolutely loved how it turned out and love the stunning colors and presentation. This salad would be perfect for a brunch or for a luncheon you are throwing for some girlfriends.
- 2 ruby grapefruits, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Divide the grapefruit slices, cilantro leaves, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds evenly among 4 plates. Arrange according to preference.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar and put a lid on it and shake vigorously.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of dressing on to each salad and serve.