This Roasted Leg of Lamb with Blackberry Chutney recipe was created for the Easter Brunch Menu collaboration with Coconut Contentment so be sure to check out the full post. You don’t want to miss some of the other recipes.
Read more HERE!
Roasted Leg of Lamb is such a great dish to serve to a large group of people. I originally created this for an Easter brunch collaboration but it really can be used for any type of event.
My personal favorite part of this recipe is the blackberry chutney because it is incredibly flavorful and packed with fresh rosemary and balsamic giving the chutney a sweet and tangy flavor.
It really pairs so perfectly with the savory roasted lamb.
- 5lb boneless lamb leg
- ½ cup fresh rosemary stems
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sea salt, coarse
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb blackberries
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 grinds, fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Place the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a food processor and chop. Pour the mixture in to a bowl and mix with the olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking sheet on top.
- While the oven is preheating, rub the lamb all over with the rosemary, garlic mixture and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the lamb on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes at 450 and then drop the temperature to 350.
- Roast for another 45 minutes and then temp the lamb to see if it is around 145. If not done then continue cooking for another 15-30 minutes or until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Pull the lamb out and cover it with foil and let it rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb and serve with blackberry chutney.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and stir. Add the blackberries and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the blackberries.
Keywords: blackberry chutney, roasted lamb, roasted leg of lamb,