I have really been looking forward to transitioning recipes to spring and summer. I love all of the fresh produce you can get at the Farmer’s market during those seasons. We are only a few weeks away from our CSA starting and I can’t wait. I hope to bring you all a lot of seasonal recipes this year.
Well this recipe is kind of my in between winter and spring recipe. It is a super easy and filling dish. You can either use it as a side or add some protein to it for an entrée. Poblanos are one of my favorite peppers because they usually have a hint of spice without being unbearable. That is why they are perfect for some many different dishes. The sweet potato is not only a great filling but also compliments the spice with some sweetness.
I prefer to roast my peppers on the grill. I think that the smoky flavor adds a lot to the dish. If you don’t have a grill you can just roast them in the oven. I find that most of the time they take a couple minutes longer in the oven. That is just something to be aware of when you are cooking them.
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2lbs sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter/ghee or fat of choice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake sweet potatoes for 45-50 minutes or until they are soft.
- Preheat grill (or oven) to 450. Rub the peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for approximately three minutes and rotate and roast for another three minutes. Peppers should be slightly charred.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about ten minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash them with the other seasonings with a mixer or by hand.
- Take the peppers and carefully cut a slit from the top of the pepper to the bottom but leave the tip uncut. Gently cut out the core and scrape the seeds out.
- Fill the pepper with the sweet potato mixture. Repeat with the rest of the peppers.
- Bake the stuffed peppers at 400 for approximately 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is browned on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If you are roasting the peppers in the oven they may need a few extra minutes.
I really love creating recipes and I having this food blog and community to contribute to. I also really love when I get the opportunity to contribute my recipes to other programs, e books etc.
I was first introduced to their work on Chris Kresser. They are the RDs for that website and have a lot of great insight in to functional medicine.
Laura Schoenfeld and Kelsey Marksteiner, nutrition experts immersed in the Paleo community, will teach you how to recover from adrenal fatigue using the best recommendations about diet, lifestyle, supplements, and more! You’ll learn how stress, chronic disease, and poor lifestyle choices all play a part in the development/progression of adrenal fatigue.
- Do you, a friend, or family member feel completely exhausted on a daily basis?
- Are you struggling with determining the right diet and exercise plan to get back the energy you used to have?
- Or are you a healthcare provider who wants to better treat adrenal fatigue?
Here are just a few of the important lessons you’ll learn in this program:
- Learn all about what HPA axis dysregulation is, why it happens, and get exclusive access to at-home lab testing!
- Get individualized diet recommendations plus meal plans, snack guides, and more!
- Take the high quality, targeted supplements we use with our patients.
- Learn how to reduce your stress, sleep better, and exercise the right way.
- Discover how to form a good relationship with food and your body, and how to listen to your body’s signals, to start loving your body today.
Each module has video presentations along with downloadable handouts, guides, and worksheets to keep you organized and on task.
You’ll also be invited to a private Facebook community, where you can meet and interact with other students, find support, and and get your questions answered.
PLUS: Sign up by May 4th, 2015 to get access to exclusive bonus content, including twice weekly office hours with Laura and Kelsey! (A $1970 value – yours FREE!)
This post contains affiliate links