On day two of my “Ten Days of Thanksgiving” I am sharing a super simple but delicious sangria recipe. I love sangria for many reasons and one of them being WINE. However, the other reason being that I love how easy it is for large parties or gatherings. It is always a crowd pleaser and often only takes me a few minutes to make.
I love to sip on wine and snack on food while helping prepare the Thanksgiving feast. Is that just me or do you guys cook with a glass of wine? I wanted to create simple sangria that would be easy for everyone to pour a glass while cooking and hanging out.
This one is filled with lots of delicious fall flavors and is a nice balance of richness and sweetness.
This Sangria is primarily sweetened with a spiced pear liqueur that is made from pear brandy and then blended with spices. I prefer to use the one by St. George Spirits.
You can easily double and even triple this recipe and feel free to get creative and add some of your favorite fruits and juices.
- 1 750ml bottle Red Wine (I used a Spanish)
- ½ cup spiced pear liqueur (I used this one)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- ½ cup cranberries (see notes)
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Combine the red wine, pear liqueur, orange juice and cranberry juice in a pitcher and stir.
- Add the lime, pear, apple and cranberry and stir.
- Cover and let infuse for 12-24 hours.
- Top with sparkling water if desired and serve.
- The cranberries do not absorb as much liquid as the other fruit. You can leave them out if you do not like raw cranberries. They make a great presentation though.