I love a good chocolate shake. I have always loved milkshakes but I honestly rarely drink them anymore. I started making chocolate shakes with coconut milk and chia seeds probably two years ago when I first changed my diet. Spunky Coconut had a recipe for one and I remember it tasting like the most magical thing ever because I hadn’t had a dessert or milkshake like thing in so long.
This is just a fun and healthier alternative to a decadent milkshake. It is filled with cacao, almond butter, shredded coconut and topped with more toasted coconut and sliced almonds.
This is meant for two small servings but can be one large one if you are feeling ambitious.
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut or chips
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- Chocolate chips/shavings (optional)
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the shredded coconut and slivered almonds and toast for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Add all of the shake ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Split the shake between two glasses and top with the toasted coconut and almond. Add chocolate shavings if desired.
- You can always replace the sweetener with Stevia for a sugar free alternative.